Friday, May 21, 2021

Travel Induced Taper

 Running as hard as I did on Sunday was questionable in retrospect as my body is still feeling the effects.  Nothing major except a loss of "freshness".   We'll see if I will recover and reap rewards or simply over did it?!?

I wound up out of town on Tuesday and Wednesday which dampened my mileage a bit just at the point I needed to anyway.  I woke up at 4 Tuesday morning to sneak in 5.22 in the rain at a 7:52 pace.  

Then Ran 6.05 at the golf course by my hotel (checking Indiana off the list of states I've run in) at 7:34 pace.  This wound up being a pretty epic run, out on the course path as the sun rose.  the path was pitched, winding, and hilly and I wound up getting quite the workout relative to the pace, working some muscles I probably don't normally work so hard.

Back in town on Thursday for 8.30 at a 7:57 pace.  Then an easy 6.36 today at 8:15 pace... I didn't feel great today but my HR was low.  

Looking to be at just about 50 for the week, depending on what I run tomorrow.  I've got 8 weeks in a row at 50 or over, averaging 57 miles over that time.  Tomorrow should be my final workout of the training session so we'll see what it brings.

______________________________________________________________________________

2021 Goals Update

1. 10,000 pushups:  5780 on pace for 14962. This has dropped off and I'll probably continue to take it easy on this extra work over the next week.

2. 7500 10,000 pulls ups: 3900 on pace for 10095.   Slipping here too but still ahead of pace.

326 Hours on the Bike:  Got 40 minutes in on the bike for the first time in a while.  Now at 18:56 for the year.

4. 2021 miles: 1015.37 for the year and on a pace for 2628 miles.  I broke 1000 already and we're not even out of May so way ahead 2021 pace.  

No comments:

Post a Comment