Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Taper week continues

Why do I never feel quite right during a taper?  I know this is not uncommon but I wonder how much is physical and how much is mental?

Today I ran 4 miles at a 6:32 average pace.  6:42, 6:34, 6:36, 6:15 splits.  160 HR for most of the last 3 miles.  A hard but not excessively hard effort.  I never felt truly comfortable during any of this run, but I wasn't really hurting that badly either.  I did turn my brain off from about the 2.5 to 2.75 point but besides that 1/4 mile I didn't necessary ever feel like I hit a rhythm. Still it was a solid run, at a solid pace, and it didn't take much out of me.  Just the kind of short, intense effort I need to try to keep me sharp.  

Not that 4 miles at 6:32 pace should be discounted.  This is still one of the fastest 4 mile runs I've ever done.  This is still faster than my 5K race pace from 2 years ago.  

Might do a very short amount of speedwork tomorrow and that should be about the end of anything intense...  legs mostly feel okay.  Just a bit of tightness in my right ITB and right foot;  been foam rolling the IT band and using the golf ball on the foot to counter and I think that should do the trick.



No comments:

Post a Comment