Tuesday, July 20, 2021

I still got it!!!... but do I still got it?

 Saturday I woke up to 60 degree temps (at 5am).  Knowing it would be short lived I got out the door early and feeling relatively good I took off fast for an 8 miler.  

After going a bit too fast on the first mile 6:38 I settled in... 6:49, 6:47, 6:48, 6:55, 6:50. 6:46 and then finished up with a 6:32... Averaged 6:46 for the loop which was one of my fastest but not my absolute fastest 8 milers yet.  It was a confidence boost to get in this hard effort after a couple month hiatus from this type of run.

But then Sunday, my legs were trashed.  I got in my long run but it was hotter and I only managed 14 miles and at a 8:37 pace (and struggled to even get through that).  I managed to average a 131 pace for thsi run which is very low for me but I really didn't have anything in the legs to give.

Monday still dead and I took the day off.

Tuesday (today)... still feeling it a bit and decided I'd postpone my track workout a day (track Tuesday becomes workout Wednesday).  Instead I ran 8 miles and averaged 8 minute pace (after running the last mile at 7 min pace).  It was a bit of a struggle getting out the door today even.

Hope I'm not burning out... at least I finished today on a good note.

No comments:

Post a Comment