Thursday, July 15, 2021

Running in the rain

 7 miles in the rain today.  It was just a mist as I head out the door but it was a good hard rain by the 3.5 mile mark and on.  Never quite became a down pour but I was soaked and continuously wringing water out of my shirt.

I was right about being sore after my sprint workout on Tuesday.  Hip flexors (especially inner) and hamstrings too.  Funny, how after 4000+ miles of running over the last 2 years I could get so sore from sprinting.  Guess I should be doing those strides I'm always skipping out on afterall.

The soreness didn't bother me too much on today's run but I also ran fairly easily.  Aerobically it was easy but my legs didn't necessarily want to go much faster.   First mile at 8:27, mile 2-6 between 8:02 and 8:11, last mile at 7:31.  Averaged out to 7 miles at 8:04 pace.


No comments:

Post a Comment