Thursday, July 1, 2021

Halfway there

Halfway through the year so time to review the progress I've made on my goals for the year.

Goals for 2021:

-12500 steps a day:  By the skin of my teeth on this one.  My current streak is over 3 years (1105 days to be exact) but I almost missed it during my drive back from New Mexico.  I was 11 at night and I was still at only 9000 steps and we needed gas so I stopped at a gas station/truck stop and after filling up I was at 9500 so Natalie gave me the okay to go for it.  I ran laps around the truck stop for about 15 minutes and made my goal.  It was somewhere off the Oklahoma toll way and temperatures were in the 90s... I made it though and have been going strong ever sense.   

-5000 pulls ups:  This was my original goal but soon into the year I decided to double it to 10,000 pull ups.  As of this morning I'm at 5044 pull ups, already exceeding my original goal and a bit ahead of pace.

-10,000 push ups:  These are easier than 10000 pull ups for sure but I also am less consistent.  As of today I'm at 7000 exactly so easily ahead of pace.  I can do 80 in a row fairly easily but its a push to do 100.  By end of year I'd like to easily do 100.

-2021 miles:  at 1241.39 so far.  well ahead of pace but injury is always the wild card.  Haven't got injured yet so we'll see.

-26 hours on the bike  (30 minutes a week):  I'm at 18:56 on this so seemingly well ahead of pace but I also haven't bike in months.  No reason I can't get in 30 easy minutes most weeks so maybe I need to refocus my efforts on this.

-52 weight workouts...  I totally forgot about this one.  I have done a few weight workouts but nothing lately.  I know I should but its hard to get started.  At least I've been doing the pushups and pullups which seem to cover most of what I need.  I know some leg work wouldn't hurt though.

-90 days of no junk food:  Didn't make it the full 90 at the beginning of the year but I have been gradually losing weight.  I'm down in the 162 range now which is about as low as I've gotten... in striking distance of sub 160.

Race goals original statement:  setting racing goals seems frivolous but I'd like to run a marathon this year if it works out (the Peoria marathon or maybe even CIM).  Also would like to run a OCR at some point, break 18 in the 5K, break 40 in the 10K, and break 1:30 in the half marathon.

Still targeting the Peoria marathon although I haven't signed up yet...  not so much CIM.   

Don't think I'll be screwing around with an OCR this year unless it falls into my lap.

Haven't broke 18 in the 5K but it's still on the table.  I've only ran one 5K in 18:32 but that was early in the year... the real target is Old Settlers days.  If not then, maybe something when the weather cools down.  

I have broke 40 in the 10K (38:18) so this is pretty much smashed.

Haven't run a half-marathon but definitely think I could break 1:30... however, until I actually do it, no dice.  My fastest one this year was 1:33:45 during a 15 mile long run.


No comments:

Post a Comment