Friday, July 16, 2021

Small injections of speed

7 more miles today except this time without rain.

Found myself running faster today than yesterday.  Then during the 4th mile I started adding in one minute bursts of uptempo running (1 minute per mile as it worked out) which really turned up my overall pace.

8:05
7:46
7:51
7:33
7:25
7:30
6:58
(7:35 average)

Reads like a progression run but really I was mostly at easy pace with 1 minute surges dropping the last 4 miles overall pace.

Feel it in my legs a bit more than yesterday and my hip flexors are still sore from sprinting on Tuesday but I'm recovering and don't feel like it's holding me back.  I'm weary to run a really hard workout but I think by next Tuesday I should be okay and hope for a decent long run this weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment