Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Adapting to the bike

 After a couple of lack luster maintenance efforts on the bike I finally got a solid effort in today.

1 hour and 3 minutes at ~20 MPH (11.22 Cal/Minute).

I followed that up with another 40 minutes of walking on the treadmill on a 5% incline.  I'm almost back to walking normally and can jog for a few steps.  My running form is not at all right but a couple days ago my leg muscle wouldn't even fire to run a single step so that's improvement.  Still in quite a bit of pain though and don't think I'll be running again for at least a little while.   

So if I'm going to be stuck on the bike I'm going to have to step up my game.  Getting in an hour of solid effort was a good start but it's hard to make up for running with biking. I'm going to have to up duration and intensity here if I want to maintain and build fitness...  looking to start adding some HIIT sessions fairly quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment