Thursday, November 18, 2021

Workout Wednesday, hurt Thursday

 I got my first workout in yesterday.  It was actually 60 degrees out so I ran outside in the semi-dark (local town Facebook haters be damned).  

2 mile warm up, then 15 minutes at threshold, then 4 minutes easy, then 12 at threshold.  7:55, 7:40 for the warm up miles.  6:40 pace for the 1st threshold (~2.25 miles).  8:00 pace for the 4 minutes.  Then 6:50 pace for the 2nd threshold (1.75 miles).  The 8 minutes for the last bit home.

Ended with 7 miles at an average of 7:13 pace.  The 6:40 pace was hard but sustainable for the 1st threshold.  I was glad when 15 minutes was up though.  The 6:50 pace was a little slower than I would have liked.  I probably needed to take the 4 minutes much easier in retrospect to recover a bit more.  Not sure how much it would have made a difference though.

My left hip really started hurting on 2nd threshold session... of course I ran through it.  Felt/feels like a nerve or bursitis or something.  I definitely aggravated it because it really bothered me for the rest of the day.  It's still hurting today as well but feeling a little better.  It's probably caused by impact from running hills on Saturday and maybe the damn marathon too... and of course I'm racing that same hill in a few days.  

I hope if I just take it easy until Sunday it will recover.  I took today off (only walking) and will maybe just bike tomorrow and maybe even Saturday.

My fitness level is weird right now, between the marathon and then recovering and then having a cold and now my hip I'm not quite sure where I'm at.  I wouldn't have thought that 6:40 pace would feel as hard as it did but then again that's still pretty fast.  

I'm chomping at the bit for my next stage of training so hopefully this hip thing is short lived.  If I was smart I wouldn't race on Sunday but I'm pretty set on it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment