Friday, November 19, 2021

Taking it easy

 Took Thursday completely off from real exercise and opted to walk on the treadmill.  My hip still hurt but not as bad as on Wednesday.

Today (Friday) I ran/walked on the treadmill for 5 miles over an hour.  I started out walking but then threw in a couple minutes of running at 8:50 pace and it felt okay.  Sprinkled in a bit more running at 8:50 pace doing .25 miles, then 1/2 mile, then 1 mile.  Took walk break in between.  Ended with 5 minutes of running at 7:30 pace.  I can still feel the hip but it's definitely better.  These brief efforts didn't really hurt and I don't feel much worse for the wear later in the day either.

Maybe some light running outside tomorrow and hopefully it's good enough to race on by Sunday (and hopefully racing on it doesn't screw it back up).


No comments:

Post a Comment