Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Less hurt than yesterday

 Still gimping around but I feel better than yesterday and I can walk a bit more normal.  

I got another 39 minutes in on the bike today and then walked on the treadmill for 41 minutes at a 5% incline.  If you question my random times on these exercises it's mostly attributable to me extending the workouts to hit arbitrary metrics (400 calories burned, 500 feet climbed, 2.5 miles walked)... figure every extra minute helps.  Need to get some longer sessions in on the bike, but trying to ease into it and not do any additional damage to the hip.

Unlike last time I was injured, I don't feel that there is an overtraining component.  I might have gone a little too hard to soon but I'm not burned out.  I'm also not freaking out about not being able to run at least not for now.  I'm just going to bike a bunch and hopefully build fitness.  Maybe I'll even start to do that weight work I've been meaning to do once my hip allows it.

Staying positive for now...  we'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment