Wednesday, January 27, 2021

1 extra day off, first day back

I took Monday and Tuesday off from running to give my (knee?) a rest, opting for the bike instead.  It made a pretty noticeable difference as it felt much better yesterday than the day before and even better this morning.  

I took some Ibuprofen (which I'm not sure is smart) even though it wasn't really bothering me and ran for 6.25 easy miles this morning at 8:36 pace.  I intended to go 5 miles but felt fine so went for the 10K.

Knee feels slightly more agitated now but not too bad.  I'll see how it feels tomorrow morning and go from there but for now I'm assuming I'll be able to run.  If it gets worse or stops getting better I guess I'll take a couple more days off.  I think that getting off the treadmill and back on the road will help the most.

I've been killing the pull ups lately. I can easily do sets of 16 now.  My pace is at over 10,000 for the year.  I didn't think 10,000 was a reasonable goal but now I'm thinking its possible... I figured I'd get off to a strong start and probably taper off at some point but they are actually getting easier (plus I'm getting lighter)…  I'm thinking now that 10,000 could be a pretty good stretch goal. 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment