Thursday, January 7, 2021

Tempo extended

Another tempo run on the treadmill.  Last one was a Xmas day and I ran 4 miles.  This one I went for 4.5 miles.  

Total distance: 9 miles
Tempo Distance 4.5 miles
Total Duration: 1:05:53
Tempo Duration: 30:00
Total pace: 7:19
Tempo pace: 6:40

It was a tough effort but not excruciating.  My HR monitor has been somewhat on the fritz lately so not sure where my HR really was at... supposedly I peaked at 168.  I am always suspicious on what these efforts would equate to on the road but regardless, I know they're good efforts.  I'm kind of digging the treadmill for now anyway.  Should be able to endure the winter and come out the other end in a good place.

I've been doing okay with my diet as well.  Today was the first day I got on the scale and the weight seemed to be shifting down a bit.  It's only been a week so still early to tell.  If I can lose a pound every 9 days, that would be a 10lb loss by the end of March which would put me in a decent place... a pound a week would be even better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment