Thursday, January 28, 2021

Another Thursday Tempo day

First time doing this workout in 3 weeks.  3 weeks ago the tempo part of the workout was 4.5 miles at 6:40 pace.  

This time I got in 5 miles at 6:40 pace... actually I ran .25 miles at 6:53 pace.  Then 4.60 miles at 6:40 pace.  Then .25 at 9.3 and the last .15 at 10 mph.  

Overall my HR was staying in the upper 150s lower 160s.  Kind of crept up the whole workout... was at about 163 before I bumped up the pace.  The whole run was completely aerobic and I wasn't really breathing too hard.  I was hurting for most of it but in a controlled way and the minutes just kept ticking by.  I'm sure I could have kept going for several more miles with no issue.  

Not sure if this means I could go run 5 miles at 6:40 pace on the road and feel so "comfortable".   The treadmill really fucks with my head.  Also, seems to fuck with my knee as that was hurting again by the end of the workout... not so much during the hard part but during the .75 cooldown jog it was barking... maybe a result of sloppy slow jog treadmill form?  Doesn't seem like it's getting any worse and it feels better than it did on Monday where it was really an issue so I guess we'll see.   

Total workout:

8 miles
56:32
7:04 pace

January is almost over and I'm already at an all time mileage high for the month.  It'll be good to get through 1 month of being stuck on the treadmill.  Then I just need to get through February.  By March, outside running becomes possible for a bit until daylight savings time strikes.  If the temps are good I will probably find myself waking up early on Tuesdays and Thursday to get it in... April and May are the best months of the year.  Should be Covid vaccinated by then and ready to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment