Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Another 8 on the treadmill

Got squeezed on time a bit today.  Woke up at 5:25 but didn't get onto the treadmill until about 6:20.  Need to get a bit more efficient about my mornings but sometimes I struggle on getting moving.  

Still was able to get in 8 miles at 8:09 average pace.  I've been adjusting the speed on the treadmill between .5 and 1.5 incline and varied the speed starting at 6.8 mph and working up to 7.7 by the end before slowing down to 7.2 during the last mile.  Another hour+ run in the books.  

I've been feeling better than I've felt in a while for the last week... more motivated and less fatigued.  That's very positive considering we are in my least favorite time of year.  Even my hips (which are always slightly tight and sore) seem to be doing better than normal.  My only issue is some niggles in my calves/achilles tendon.  Mostly just tightness, probably from being stuck on the treadmill.  I'm hoping I can manage it with some foam rolling and stretching.

4 diet days down, 86 to go.  So far, so good but a long way to go.  My diet plan is to mostly simple with the following principles:

  • Be conscious of what I eat...  I consume a lot of calories with mindless eating or binge eating 
  • Oatmeal for breakfast 
  • Apples for a snack (or some other fruit, veg, or potentially a handful of nuts depending on what else I'm eating)
  • Big focus on apples though... I like apples but don't love them.  My thought is that  if I think I'm hungry, but not hungry enough to eat an apple, then I'm not actually hungry.
  • Cut out junk food:  No trips to the vending machine, no donuts at work, no gorging myself on cookies at home, no ice cream after dinner
  • Drink water with dinner instead of milk
  • Try to drink more water through out the day
I'm trying to do this for 90 days straight...  If I screw up, my B-goal would be 90 days out of 100.  Its still too early to judge how its going, but if I don't see results by day 30, I'll probably need to bite the bullet and actually start counting calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment