Friday, January 8, 2021

Just a "short" 7 miler

Got another hour+ run in today on the treadmill, capping it at 7 miles.  Recovery effort, averaging 8:41 pace.

Based on my New Years paradigm shift, 7 miles felt short.  7 miles as an easy run is definitely a good place to be right now.  I've just about completely adapted to the treadmill to the point where I've been able to get in the "zone" from the get go at tick off easy mile after easy mile.  I've allowed myself to run easy runs in the 6.8-7.0 mph range and my HR in the 120-130s.  Best part is that my legs have been feeling better than they have for a long time.  The treadmill really forces me to keep those easy runs exceptionally easy... I'm sure it won't exactly carry over when I'm back on the road, but for now I think I'm in a really good place.

I'm building base, shedding lbs, charging up the aerobic engine, conditioning the legs... everything I need to set me up for a performance jump come spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment