Friday, January 15, 2021

8.5 Easy

Back on the treadmill today.  Started out a bit tentative with my MCLs (I think?) a bit tender, but once I started running everything loosened up.  By the 5th mile I felt pretty much normal and I feel better after the run too.  Hopefully that means that whatever was agitated is recovering quickly.  

Still, I wanted to take it easy so I decided I would only do 7 miles at 6.8 mph (8:49 pace)... which ultimately led to 8.5 miles at 8:21 pace (started at 6.8 and worked up to 7.3).  8.5 is my shortest run of the week so I guess it was a recovery day.  It was easy enough anyway.  

Once more 9 miler tomorrow and I will officially have my first 60 mile week in the books... looking back to June of 2019 I had 60.93 miles for the whole month so I've come quite a long way in terms of endurance...  Really, I'm not even that tired, in fact I feel way better than I did last summer in terms of fatigue.  The one thing I will say is that I haven't had many workouts so once I start running workouts again I'd expect more fatigue.  




No comments:

Post a Comment