Thursday, June 11, 2020

cooler heads prevail

Things cooled down a bit... 57 degrees today at 4:30 am when I started my run.

Ran the first mile at 7:30 pace and it felt like a jog.  Then picked it up and ran a 6:48, 6:55, 6:58... 7:13 for mile 5 (net uphill), 7:02 for mile 6, 7:23 for mile 7 (net uphill although I did drop my effort a bit).  

Eased up a bit for mile 8 and 9 at 7:13 and 7:07... my heart rate dropped about 5 bpm over the last 2 miles and it was easy enough that I zoned out for a bit during the run which is always a good sign.

9.55 miles
1:08:07
7:08 pace

not quite sub-7 pace but it was a bit warmer and I finished feeling pretty strong.  Also have been dealing with what I think might be bursitis in my hip the last 3 runs.  Doesn't really bother me when I'm running but I get some sharp pain in certain random positions...  I felt it a bit today when running down hill but it didn't tighten up after my run like it did on Tuesday... maybe it's getting a bit better?

I feel like I'm not quite as fit as I was a month ago... not sure if I'm just tired from all the training, a bit hurt, effected by the heat, or maybe just not pushing quite as hard.  Definitely starting to plateau... might need to switch thing up here eventually but kind of want to know if there's going to be fall racing or not before I do.  

No comments:

Post a Comment