Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Short and fast

Last night I was tired and I didn't wake up feeling too much better so I decided to sleep in and wake up at 5:30 instead of 3:30.

Then I decided to run 5 miles instead of 8-9 miles.

Didn't know what to expect heading out the door for my normal 5 mile loop.  I went out relaxed and eased into my fast easy pace, hitting the first mile in 7:20.   Kind of expected to hold this effort for the rest of the run but pushed up the Maher hills and surprised myself with a 6:56 second mile.

After mile 2, the course flattened out and I got in the groove, hitting mile 3 in 6:44.  By mile 4 I was hurting a bit and kind of wanted to slow down.  I just stayed relaxed and tried not to push too hard and hit a 6:48.    Final mile I started to pick up the pace a bit and kicked at the end, finishing with a 6:29 last mile.

5.01 miles
34:22
6:52 pace

Felt good and went for a cooldown

1.26 miles
9:54
7:52 pace

I feel pretty good getting the extra sleep and running 6 miles instead of 9.  Easy run planned for Wednesday and then I'll see what I can pull off Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment