Thursday, June 18, 2020

In front of and behind the wheel

Yesterday I almost, almost got hit by a pickup truck.  Wasn't that close since I was prepared for it.  I was running across an intersection with no stop sign.  The truck was crossing the street I was running on but had a stop sign.  The driver fully stopped and I thought he saw me.  As I started to cross, he drove right in front of me.  I skidded to a stop and since there was loose gravel fell on my ass.  Driver never even saw me.  Wasn't really his fault... he was driving into the sun and I was running against traffic so he wouldn't really have been looking for me to be coming from where I was running from... I should have known better but assumed he was turning onto the main road instead of going straight on the country road.  I wasn't hurt and ultimately know big deal but it makes you think.

Wednesday 6/18/2020
7.01 miles
0:56:04
8:00 pace

Later on the way home from work I almost ran over a 10 year old kid driving a golf cart down the road.  I was turning left at a stop sign and checked left for a car but didn't expect a golf cart and almost didn't register it.  I started to creep forward and then hit the brake.  I guess I need to be more careful all around.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Today I woke up at 3:30 for my early morning run and felt good having actually gotten some sleep.  I went out with the plan not to push it early and I stuck to the plan!  First mile in 7:27, mile 2 in 7:13, and mile 3 in 7:06.  Easing into it and I felt like I was flowing after the first 3 miles.  Continued to cruise at 7:13 and 7:15 for the next 2 miles.  At mile 6, I picked it up slightly and ran 7:04 for the next 2 miles.  Dropped the pace for the last mile for a 6:45 and finished with an extra .43 miles at 6:33 pace to make it an even hour.

Best I've felt on a fast run for a long time.  Just the right balance of effort without straining.

Thursday 6/19/2020
8.43 miles
1:00:03
7:07 pace


No comments:

Post a Comment