Monday, June 15, 2020

Week 24 in review

Week 24 brought a new mileage high of 52.36 (by .27 miles lol)…  I've dropped the pace a bit this week, partly intentionally slow recovery runs and partly due to fatigue, naturally slowing down my easy runs.

Saturday I ran:

8 miles
1:06:36
8:19 pace

mostly unremarkable except I snuck in 3 hill sprints and 3 flat out sprints into the middle of the run. HR peaked at 176 during one of the hills which is my highest HR during a run for quite a while.

Sunday I ran:

13.54
1:52:23
8:18 pace

Also unremarkable beside the fact that I left the house feeling super unmotivated, my HR was pretty low, but my legs were just dead.  I toughed it out and went further then initially planned.  Also, I finished strong with a 8:07, 7:59, 7:37 for the last 3 mile splits despite my general fatigue.  I've been pretty cognizant since the beginning of this training cycle to really hone in and focus at the end of long runs of maintaining form and posture.  Generally speaking I think I have better form and running efficiency on my faster pace work, relative to my easy pace.  Combine it all and I get my theory that finishing strong on long runs should reduce injury.  Also should help build toughness and fortify best habits for racing.

My left hip (which really hurt after running Tuesday) has seemed better every day.  I did take Ibuprofin before a couple of my runs which I've been trying not to do for the most part.  I also backed off the intensity a bit... I think it's going to be okay.


Yearly goal progress:

GOALS:



1.  2020 (or 1560) miles run:  958.13 for the year (36 miles ahead of 2020)… 2020 is now the primary goal and I'm almost week ahead for that


2.  5000 Pull ups: 2251 (30 behind pace) Not sure why I'm having trouble keeping up on these... besides being a bit fatigued from running.  

3.  5000 Pushups/Bench:  2322 (40 ahead of pace)…got my bench on this morning 3 X 10 at 175 plus some other work

4.  50 hour stationary bike:  23:58 hours... Still on pace here but have been slacking on the biking as well.  Mostly focused on running mileage and not a lot of energy left for everything else.

512500 Steps a day:  still going... 5 days til my 2 year stepping anniversary 


MONTHLY GOAL:  309k in June... currently at 103.76 for the month.  Would like to break 200 miles for the month

No comments:

Post a Comment