Friday, January 14, 2022

Day 11

 5 more easy miles today at 8:27 pace.  Nothing too remarkable... planned on 4 miles and stretched it to 5.

After squeezing in another 40 pullups this morning I'm at 400 for the year that finally has me back on pace for 10000.  Did 50 pushups and 12 burpees as well.  I usually do my exercises after I get done running and mix them between packing my lunch, showering and getting dressed for work, and rushing out the door.  This makes it hectic to fit in but also means I'm getting this work done without sacrificing any precious time.  There's efficiency in this chaos!

My motivation is back for now so that's a plus.  Only thing lacking is that all my running has been on treadmills.  Treadmill is good for keeping things easy anyhow.  

I'm starting to think about mileage goals again so I looked back at 2021.  Overall I had 24 weeks logged of over 50 mpw with 7 of those weeks being over 60 mpw.  My weekly high was 65.18.

In 2020 I had only 13 weeks over 50 mpw and a high of 54.17.   In 2021 I had 12 weeks that surpassed my previous weekly high.

For 2022 I'll be looking to hit more 60 mile weeks and hopefully hit a few 70s.   Got to get those workouts in too but overall I enjoy the easy mileage and it's worked for me so far.   Also looking at 4 week blocks, my biggest 4 week block of mileage was 239 miles... nothing special about 4 weeks but consistent mileage is what seems to pay off so I'm going to target exceeding that.


No comments:

Post a Comment