Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Day 8

 Day 8 of my running streak.  Wasn't quite feeling it this morning when I got up.  Might just be mental... now that I mentioned a streak I immediately want to take a day off?!?

Legs are a bit fatigued but nothing too crazy.  The DOMS feeling is pretty much gone but has been replaced with some mild tightness in my ITBs...  Unfortunately this seems to be my new normal. Every time I take a break it's nice because that mild irritation goes away but it always comes right back after I start up again.  Not sure if there is any stretching/strengthening/mobility stuff I could do that would help.  Maybe I'll hit it with the foam roller.

Once I got on the treadmill I felt ok though.  Not as great as I felt over the weekend but I got the run in.  I planned on 6 and wound up doing 7.5 in 1:02:11.  Ran mostly at 7 mph but bumped the last couple miles up to 8 minute pace (7.5 mph).  Varied the incline between 0 and 1.  Overall an easy run with the only significance being that 7.5 is one of my longer runs in the last 2 month.  I don't mind running a bit fatigued but just want to make sure I'm not digging myself into a hole and getting more and more fatiged.

Seems like I'm rounding into form relatively quickly.  Haven't pushed too much but I'm satisfied with how my legs are turning over and how easy the effort has been at a reasonable easy pace.

Should plan on going a bit shorted tomorrow (4 or 5 miles) and pick up the pace for a bit on Thurday.

No comments:

Post a Comment