Monday, January 31, 2022

Day 28

 11.35 on Saturday, 9.3 on Sunday, and 5.5 today, all pretty much easy miles on the treadmill.

I rounded out January with 193.1 miles at 8:15 pace and finished out with back to back 50+ mile weeks.

After a slow start my mileage is back to a pretty typical level.  Plan to keep building to 60 miles and then hopefully winter will wane and I can start transitioning back to the roads and building in some more intensity. 

Overall I feel pretty darn good.  A little stiff/tendinitisy on the side of the legs around the knees but my hips feel better than they have in a while and I'm really happy with that because I was very sick of tight achy hip flexors.  My one issue is in my feet, particularly my right one.  It sometimes hurts really bad when I walk but feels fine when I run.  Doesn't seem serious but I don't want it to turn into something.

January has been a positive month and I've built back to a good base level.  I'm back to feeling fit and the easy, low HR running has been pleasantly enjoyable.  


No comments:

Post a Comment