Friday, January 7, 2022

Stepping it up

 4th day of running in a row today.  We'll call that a streak.  5 miles at 8:11 average pace but the last half mile was at 7:03 pace (8.5 mph).  Even better, 7:03 felt pretty easy.  5 miles a day seems right for now but I plan on building on that through January.  One thing I do know... it's sure easier to get 12500 steps in for the day when I run 5 miles in the morning.

I signed up for my first race of 2022, a 5K on March 12, which according to the website is 2 months, 2 days, 18 hours away.  That should be plenty of time to get back into decent shape, right?  I guess it's too early to set goals but at least sub 19 I would hope.  I ran 18:30 at the same race last year with gas left in the tank... of course I was in a lot better shape at this point last year as well.  The real question is what's more important to running a fast 5K;   My fitness level 2 months before the race or the extra year of training I've had since last year.  


No comments:

Post a Comment