Monday, January 17, 2022

Day 14

 14th day of running in a row.  Followed up Saturdays long run with 5 easy miles at 8:40 pace on Sunday, averaging under 130 BPM for HR.  Then another 6.25 today averaging about 8 minute pace and squeezing 500 feet of vert out of it.  Goal was to run just hard enough to stretch out and get the muscles firing but not build fatigue.  Sprinkled a bit of pushups, pullups, and burpees on at the end to complete my daily fulfillment of punishment.  

I wound up with 48.12 miles for the week which was my highest since September.  Also, already eclipsed last months mileage.  Got some fatigue setting in but so far I'm fine once I get moving.  Not sure how long I should keep this up?  I suppose if the streak is important to maintain I can always just do one mile for an off day.   Not sure I love that idea though.   For now we'll just try to get through January?  


No comments:

Post a Comment