Friday, February 4, 2022

2^5 days of running

 My first year of serious running I worked my way up from 3 days of running a week (plus cross-training) to 4 days to 5 days.  I was at 5 days for a while as the distances started getting longer (3-5 miles became 5-8).  Last year it was mostly 6 days a week, but I'd still take that day off.  Now it's been 32 straight days and after fighting through some fatigue in the first couple weeks I'm handling it very well.  I know recovery is important but I can also see how running an extra day every week could definitely lead to more fitness.  

Another 9 miler today (3rd 9 miler of the week) at 7:55 average pace.  Not bad coming off yesterday's workout.  Quite a bit was at 7:41 pace.  It felt easy but wasn't quite recovery pace.  Probably would have run slower if it wasn't for time constraint so I'll try to go extra easy tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment