Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Day 43

 Medium effort run today as I begin to slightly increase the intensity.

9 treadmill miles at an average of 7:25 pace.  I started with a 2 mile warmup and then took the speed up to 7:30 pace and bumped it up by .1 mph every mile.

Cadence was in the low 180s for the whole run and I felt very efficient.  HR didn't ever get over 150 even as I got down close to 7 min miles.  When I really focus on my form I start to feel really efficient and my HR will drop several beats (i.e. 149 to 145 bpm for example).  The thing that I find strange is that I have to focus to hold that efficiency otherwise my form gets more sloppy and my HR will go up.  You'd think that if the running was more efficient then it would take less mental effort to maintain that form.  I suppose the more you practice it the more natural it becomes.  

It's starting to get light outside at a reasonable time... today I could have headed out at 6:25 am and been alright.  I might try to split a run between the treadmill and outdoors tomorrow morning.  I really am itching to get back on the road.  I'm starting to feel really fit so I need to plan my transition to the road so I don't over do it right away and get myself hurt.



No comments:

Post a Comment