Monday, February 7, 2022

35 days

 I always thought I needed at least one day off a week to avoid injury and/or burnout.  Now 35 days in (aka 5 straight weeks) I've had a paradigm shift.  One really easy day (today that was 5.25 miles at 8:46 pace) has replaced my day off and I feel as fit as ever with no really injuries to speak of.

Last week I got my first 60 mile week in for the year.  Lots of easy miles but also some up-tempo as well, all on the treadmill.  My longest run was 11 miles, so it's all mostly steady mileage.  Only my 8th time eclipsing 60 miles for the week so not yet the norm but the fact that I can do it without a long run is promising... add in a long run and a mid-week medium long run and 60 seems pretty doable.

After building mileage the first 5 weeks of the year (35, 48, 51, 53, 60) I plan to step it back some this week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment