Thursday, February 24, 2022

52 days

At the very least, I can now say that I averaged at least 1 day of running a week this year.

8.5 on the treadmill with ~ 4 miles at 6:40 pace and 3 of those miles at 2% incline.  I was working pretty hard with 20+ minutes of HR exceeding 160... tempo work basically.  The incline definitely made it more difficult to maintain... I feel like I got a good solid training effort in without overdoing it.  

Still just following my slow and steady plan of building mileage and fitness with almost all easy runs and then pushing the pace a bit once or twice a week.  

Today and tomorrow are highs of 27 and 29 but by Saturday the temp is up to 38 and after that we're seeing highs in the 40s and 50s for the rest of the 10 day forecast.  Got a race on March 12... Assuming no rain, I plan to spend everyday after Friday on the roads getting my legs prepped.  Hopefully in a good position by March 12th right before my yearly Day light saving F-over!


No comments:

Post a Comment