Thursday, February 17, 2022

DAY 45 mini-workout

 Yesterday I finally got outside.  4 miles on the treadmill then 5 outside.  I ran relatively easy but was still a little disappointed with the 8:07 pace.  Hopefully a week or two of consistently outside running will get me back in the groove.  Of course it's snowing and freezing again today so I'm still a week or two away from truly starting the transition back to outdoor running.  

This morning I felt fairly fatigued again.  I've actually felt pretty good the last few days but today the motivation was lacking. I wound up doing 7.02 miles at 7:46 pace.   Quite a bit of running was at 7:30 pace and I did 3 sets of 4 minutes at 7:30 pace with 6 degree incline.   This kicked my ass more than I would have liked.  It just plain hurt and not really in a good way.  Mostly in my gut, kind of like I was sick.  I did 3 minutes at 9.8 mph near the end of the workout and that felt a lot easier.  Maybe just too much easy treadmill running and I need to get used to higher intensity again or maybe too much easy treadmill running and I need some recovery.  

Need some rest tonight and an easy day tomorrow heading into the weekend.  At 33 miles so far this week with a goal to hit 60 again.

No comments:

Post a Comment