Monday, February 28, 2022

56 days

56 days = 8 straight weeks of running streak.

I made it through the week with 54 miles to mark the 6st straight week of 50+ miles (and 7th straight of 48+).  I finished up February with 222.42 miles.  

The weather is finally turning and it looks like the last of the snow and ice should melt today.  I got outside yesterday and today.  Still working on getting my road legs back under me.  Yesterday I ran 8 miles at 7:22 average pace.  It was a lot better paced than last Sunday's run, and I kept the miles between 7:23 and 7:33 for the first 6 mile and then ran 7:19, 6:53 for the last 2.  HR was still in the 150s but aerobically I felt ok.  Legs still got tired (especially around my hips) and I haven't quite found my outdoor rhythm yet but I didn't have to stop and stretch out my hip this time either so that's promising. 

Todays 5 miles was at 8:10 pace and felt really easy (though still a bit of mild discomfort in the legs).  

I've been very consistent so far in 2022.  Only thing truly lacking is the long run.  I've had quite a few runs between 9 and 11 miles but haven't gone much farther (one time I hit 12.6 on the treadmill).  I don't want to get hurt as I transition, outside but I almost think I'm running into a bit of a mental barrier.  

One issue is that the few times I have been able to get outside I choose to run fast rather than slow down and run long.  Hopefully as I get out more out more this will resolve itself.

I feel like I'm starting to approach the limits on how many miles I can comfortably fit into a week.  50 miles used to be a push and now it's easy but to hit 60 requires better time management on my part.  I think I can get up to a steady 60 by getting out a little bit earlier and getting my long run back up.  After that I'm starting to get squeezed for time.   

Near time goal is to get 6 straight weeks of 60+ miles and see where that gets me.



No comments:

Post a Comment